You may not aware that even when we buy movie DVDs, we only purchase the right to watch it with DVD players. Theoretically speaking, movie DVD manufactures haven’t issued the right to us to copy or backup them. Yes, any duplication or conversion for private reason is not forbidden by those DVD manufacturers.
How do they do that? When manufacturing movie DVDs, they will encode DVDs with a region code for copyright protection. Below is the list of different DVD protection types:
- Region Code Enhanced (RCE)
- Analog Protection System (APS)
- Content Scramble System (CSS)
- User Operation Prohibition (UOP)
- Sony ARccOS Protection
- Analog CPS (Macrovision)
- Content Protection for Prerecorded Media (CPPM)
- Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM)
- Digital Copy Protection System (DCPS)
- High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP, DVI, and HDMI)
I don’t want to give more details about the protection types. So in order to copy or convert movie DVDs, you need to break those protection. Since all of those protections are in fact the same: they protect the movie DVD by encryption. So we need decrypter to decipher them then we can do what we want.
I hope above explanation makes you understand why we need to decrypt movie DVDs.
Categorised as: mac dvd decrypter
Comments are disabled on this post